Building Services
Text Size:

File a Complaint

Complaint Procedure

If you are working with a home improvement contractor and something has gone wrong, you should follow the steps below:

  1. First, speak with your building contractor. Let the contractor know your concerns with the project and try to reach a resolution. The goal, of course, is to have the work finished to your satisfaction.

  2. If a resolution is not possible, you can file a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General.

    Download the appropriate complaint form. If you have any difficulty accessing or filling out the form, call the regional office in your area for assistance.

  3. Print out the form, complete all sections, make a copy for your records, and please don’t forget your signature.

  4. Once you have completed the form, please compile all documents relevant to your home improvement project, i.e., contract; receipts; cancelled checks; photographs of the work site, etc. You should make copies of these documents for your records.

  5. Fax or mail all documents along with your original complaint form to the proper regional office.
Copyright 2017 -